Being familiar with general principles of writing is among the necessities of writing a scientific paper.
Below, the main characteristics and yardsticks required for an authorized paper are provided:
- The originality of the topic: One of the main criteria for evaluating and scoring scientific papers is the originality and novelty of the topic of them. At least, one of the following cases is needed to prove the originality of a material:
- The research should be the first to be conducted in the studied area.
- There should be a new idea hidden in the topic of the research.
- Other researchers’ ideas from a different point of view should be analyzed in a way that makes the current study seem dynamic.
- The research study should be the first done in the country.
- The existing techniques should be used to present a new topic with creativity and innovation.
- The areas for further research should be presented.
- The title: In every article, the first part that the readers notice is the title. And, the readers usually make their first judgment about the content of papers based on their titles. Given that searching through databases is done by title, choosing an appropriate title is of great importance. The title of a paper, in fact, demonstrates the aim and identity of it, therefore, it should be as clear, comprehensive, illustrative, and brief as much as possible.
- The abstract: The abstract presents a clear and comprehensive summary of the whole content of the paper. It should be written in the simple past and present perfect tense. The abstract should be coherent and simultaneously be encouraging in a way that makes the readers eager to go through the whole paper.
- Keywords: The specific or general words which have the closest relationship in meaning to the content of the paper should be chosen as the keywords.
- Introduction: The introduction part gets the readers familiar with the main body of the study. Therefore, the marginal and unimportant topics should be avoided.
- Statement of the problem: In this part, the problem or the subject which was the main motivation for conducting the study, should be specified clearly and briefly.
- Determining the purpose: The purpose of the study should be determined obviously and clearly, and it also should be realistic, and noticeable through the text. At the end of the paper, the author should have achieved the mentioned purpose.
- The research questions: These questions should be specified vividly according to the purpose of the study, and the hypotheses should be mentioned in a testable and clear way.
- The literature review: In this part, the previously written and published theories or studies related to the topic of the study should be reviewed.
- Methodology: The method used in the study should be specified and also, the reasons for using the method should be presented.
- Tools: In this part of the paper, the tools applied to collect and analyze the study data along with the advantages and disadvantages of them are presented.
- Participants: The characteristics of the subjects which have been studied in the paper along with the reasons for selecting them and their relation to the purpose of the study should be explained in this part.
- Limitation and delimitation of the study: The factors that have limited the researcher in conducting the study and the limitations that the researcher themselves exerted in the study, should be elucidated in this part.
- Findings: The findings obtained from conducting the research should be provided.
- Results and discussion: The final analysis and interpretations based on the findings should be provided and also compared with the similar previous studies.
- Suggestions for further research: Some suggestions for future studies should be provided paving the way for other researchers who intend to conduct a study in the same area.
- Acknowledgment: At the end, the name of the people or organizations that have made a contribution in conducting the study should be mentioned with their permission.
- References: The studies which have been mentioned in the paper should be cited based on one of the standard styles.
- Appendix: The materials giving complementary information related to the content of the study should be provided.
In sum, considering all of the above-mentioned points will help the researchers in inscribing a more coherent, organized, and acceptable paper.
ESRPC is an official worldwide publication system which has enjoyed 8 years’ experience assisting authors to produce and distribute high-quality articles. The team is experienced in all the phases helping you select the best journal for publication of your scientific article all over the world.